- This event has passed.
Land Use Committee Meeting
March 3 @ 6:00 pm - 7:15 pm
6:00 – 6:05 PM: Welcome and meeting protocols.
6:05 – 6:10 PM: Updates on 1666 SE Lambert and Non-Western Architecture report.
6:10 – 6:20 PM: Discuss plan and objectives for March 31 meeting with BDS.
6:20 – 7:15 PM: Design Overlay Zone Amendments (DOZA): The Recommended Draft report is at https://www.portland.gov/bps/doza. This will significantly change the design overlay zoning rules which apply to much of our neighborhood. A City Council hearing will be held May 12. The Planning Commission did not adopt our previous testimony http://www.sellwood.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/SMILE-DOZA-comments-October-2019.pdf. Review Community Design Standards studied by the subcommittees. Review draft testimony. Can we ask for Board approval in March so we have approved testimony when we start advocacy campaign and request meetings with City Council in April? Discuss advocacy plan.
SMILE meetings are currently being held via Zoom due to the COVID-19 pandemic. All SMILE meetings are open to the public and you are welcome to attend. To join go to
Meeting ID: 916 7389 4211
SMILE Meeting Ground Rules
In coming together as neighbors, we work respectfully with one another to create a safe and vibrant neighborhood.
* We treat each other with respect
* We work from an agenda
* We speak one at a time keeping in mind that the chair or discussion leader is running the meeting
* We don’t interrupt each other or conduct side conversations with our neighbors
* We keep our comments brief and focused to give everyone a chance to speak
* We listen before we make up our minds, making a good faith effort to understand the concerns of others
* We focus on the issue being discussed, and will not personally attack another
* We hold each other responsible for the process and these ground rules