8210 S.E. 13th Avenue, Portland OR 97202
The SMILE Station was built in 1926. It was originally a firehouse, Station 20. In 1959, the building began its second career as a clubhouse for the Boys and Girls Club. When that group relocated, the Sellwood-Moreland Improvement League (SMILE) purchased the building from the city and renovated it for neighborhood use. Today the SMILE Station serves as the SMILE headquarters, and hosts many community meetings and events.
The SMILE Station is available for rent for celebrations, meetings, retreats and concerts. It is an affordable, first class facility that offers:
- vintage interior with landscaped grounds
- baby grand piano
- commercial kitchen
- round table seating for 60 with capacity for 100
- handicapped accessible
- a newly remodeled lower level meeting room and bathroom with separate entrance
For more information, visit our website.
For rental inquiries contact us at SMILEStation@sellwood.org.
SMILE STATION HISTORY
You might enjoy this article about the SMILE Station’s role in the history of fire service in the Sellwood-Moreland neighborhood.