5515 SE MILWAUKIE AVENUE ZONING HEARING
SMILE and Friends of Oaks Bottom oppose a proposed zoning change that would allow 7-story buildings at the edge of the Sellwood bluff.
- What you can do
- SMILE Testimony to City Council 5/13/22
- Final Hearings Officer Recommendation 3/25/22
- SMILE Testimony 2/11/22
- Staff Report 2/10/22
- Milwaukie Bluffs Zoning Study
- Drainage Report Milwaukie Bluffs
- Rezone Transportation Study
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment- Zone Change Narrative
After 18 months of meetings and many hours of community input, the Sellwood-Moreland Main Street Design Guidelines have been adopted by the SMILE board of directors. Take a look! FINAL SMILE Design Guidelines 7-13-2020
ABOUT THE LAND USE COMMITTEE
The Land Use Committee is a standing committee of the Sellwood Moreland Improvement League (SMILE). The committee:
- Hosts contact meetings with developers and neighbors
- Reviews and responds to land use notices, such as property owner requests for lot divisions, zoning code adjustments, design reviews, and greenway reviews
- Receives notification of demolition permit applications. Participates in City of Portland’s long term planning process, including the Comprehensive Plan, Mixed Use Zones Project, and Residential Infill Project
- Informs SMILE members about land use issues and the City zoning code
- Reviews and responds to liquor license applications
- Receives notification of applications for marijuana medical dispensaries and marijuana business retailers
- Represents SMILE on the Southeast Uplift Land Use and Transportation committee
- Subscribe to the SMILE newsletter
- Subscribe to the Land Use Listserv for notice of committee meeting agendas and neighborhood land use notices by email
- Email the chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Land Use Committee Guidelines
- Helpful Links: Information about how planning, zoning and development happens in Portland, links to ongoing development in SE Portland, and tools to help you navigate through it all.
This table provides project status as of March 31, 2022
- Pages 1-2. Pipeline table. Multi-dwelling/townhouse projects that are currently being planned or are under construction.
The total number of dwelling units in the pipeline is 657.
This total does not account for the potentially major projects
on parcels associated with the 5515 SE Milwaukie Ave. entry.
- Pages 3-5. Completed Projects table. Multi-dwelling/ townhouse units completed since 2013.
The total number of completed units is 1,414.
To find the most current project status, check permit information on “portlandmaps.com”
- At this website, enter the project address in the upper right search box. Scroll down to the ‘Planning & Zoning’ section.
- Click on the ‘Permits’ button to bring up the table of permits for the site. Scroll right to see the permit status.
- Additional permit information is found by clicking on the permit application number.