MAIN STREET DESIGN GUIDELINES – After 18 months of meetings and many hours of community input, the Sellwood-Moreland Main Street Design Guidelines have been adopted by the SMILE board of directors. Take a look! FINAL SMILE Design Guidelines 7-13-2020
NON-WESTERN ARCHITECTURE AND THE MAIN STREET GUIDELINES
5415 – 5424 MILWAUKIE REZONE PROPOSAL DOCUMENTS
ABOUT THE LAND USE COMMITTEE
The Land Use Committee is a standing committee of the Sellwood Moreland Improvement League (SMILE). The Committee:
- Hosts contact meetings with developers and neighbors.
- Reviews and responds to land use notices, such as property owner requests for lot divisions, zoning code adjustments, design reviews, and greenway reviews.
- Receives notification of demolition permit applications. Participates in City of Portland’s long term planning process, including the Comprehensive Plan, Mixed Use Zones Project, and Residential Infill Project.
- Informs SMILE members about land use issues and the City zoning code.
- Reviews and responds to liquor license applications.
- Receives notification of applications for marijuana medical dispensaries and marijuana business retailers.
- Represents SMILE on the Southeast Uplift Land Use and Transportation committee.
HELPFUL LINKS: Information about how planning, zoning and development happens in Portland, links to ongoing development in SE Portland, and tools to help you navigate through it all.
This table provides a project’s status/description as of November 5, 2021
- Pages 1-2 list projects currently being planned or under construction. The total number of dwelling units in the pipeline is found on page 2.
- Pages 3-4 list completed projects in Sellwood-Moreland. The total number of completed dwelling units since 2013 is found on page 4.
To find the most current project status, check permit information on “portlandmaps.com”
- At this website, enter the project address in the upper right search box. Scroll down to the ‘Planning & Zoning’ section.
- Click on the ‘Permits’ button to bring up the table of permits for the site. Scroll right to see the permit status.
- Additional permit information is found by clicking on the permit application number.