MAIN STREET DESIGN GUIDELINES – After 18 months of meetings and many hours of community input, the Sellwood-Moreland Main Street Design Guidelines have been adopted by the SMILE board of directors. Take a look! FINAL SMILE Design Guidelines 7-13-2020
NON-WESTERN ARCHITECTURE AND THE MAIN STREET GUIDELINES
ABOUT THE LAND USE COMMITTEE
The Land Use Committee is a standing committee of the Sellwood Moreland Improvement League (SMILE). The Committee:
- Hosts contact meetings with developers and neighbors.
- Reviews and responds to land use notices, such as property owner requests for lot divisions, zoning code adjustments, design reviews, and greenway reviews.
- Receives notification of demolition permit applications. Participates in City of Portland’s long term planning process, including the Comprehensive Plan, Mixed Use Zones Project, and Residential Infill Project.
- Informs SMILE members about land use issues and the City zoning code.
- Reviews and responds to liquor license applications.
- Receives notification of applications for marijuana medical dispensaries and marijuana business retailers.
- Represents SMILE on the Southeast Uplift Land Use and Transportation committee.
HELPFUL LINKS: Information about how planning, zoning and development happens in Portland, links to ongoing development in SE Portland, and tools to help you navigate through it all.