The Transportation Committee focuses on transportation issues in the Sellwood-Moreland neighborhood, including auto, pedestrian, bicycle and transit concerns. The committee addresses a broad range of topics from safe bicycle and pedestrian routes, to TriMet services, to neighborhood parking, and more.
The committee is open to all SMILE members (residents, businesses and owners of property in the neighborhood).
GET INVOLVED – LEARN MORE
- Subscribe to the SMILE Transportation Mailing List. You will receive committee meeting agendas and be able to participate in online discussions.
- Contact the Transportation Committee Chair.
- You are welcome and encouraged to attend committee meetings. Please check the SMILE calendar for upcoming meetings. Unless otherwise noted, meetings are held at the SMILE Station, 8210 SE 13th Ave.
- If you have a transportation issue you’d like SMILE to address, please ask that the issue be placed on a Transportation Committee meeting agenda. Please plan to attend that meeting to discuss your idea or concern. This ensures a fair opportunity for others to participate in discussion of the issue. Mail the Transportation Committee chair at email@example.com.
USEFUL LINKS AND RESOURCES
Have a neighborhood traffic safety concern? Contact the City of Portland SAFE program:
- Call 503-823-SAFE (7233) or email SAFE@portlandoregon.gov. A message left on that line will often lead to a traffic investigation if one has not already been done for the issue. The chair of the Transportation Committee would appreciate receiving a copy of your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or make a request online
- To find out more about traffic enforcement, accident statistics, photo radar and more, visit Portland Police Bureaus webpage.
- Learn about Portland’s Vision Zero program, which focuses on preventing accidents and injuries.
Other Neighborhood Safety Issues
- Sidewalk repair: 503-823-1711 or email email@example.com
- Sidewalk obstructions: 503-823-CODE (2633)
- Street light outage or problem: 503-865-LAMP (5267)
- Pothole + sinkhole hotline: 503-823-1700
- Downed trees: 503-823-8733
- Parking enforcement: 503-823-5195
- Traffic counts for many neighborhood streets
- For more information on Portland Bureau of Transportation Services, visit their website.
Maps and Schedules
- Portland Comprehensive Plan Maps, including Transportation System Plan
- The Street Trust (formerly the Bicycle Transportation Alliance)
- Nextdoor (view and post community news and information)
- Oregon Walks (formerly Willamette Pedestrian Coalition)