Q. How will voting work?
- The entire voting process will be supervised by Southeast Uplift (SEUL) staff.
- Election proceedings will begin during the online SMILE meeting on Wednesday, May 5th @ 7:30 p.m. To attend the meeting you must sign up in advance at: MeetingRSVP@sellwood.org.
- Candidates will be invited to make a brief (3 – 5 minute) presentation. Nominations will be accepted from the floor.
- Online voting will begin after the presentations are finished, at approximately 9:00 p.m. A link to an online ballot plus prepared candidate statements will be posted on the SMILE website.
- Paper ballots will be available at the SMILE Station (SE 13th/Tenino) on May 6th between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m. They can also be printed at home. All paper ballots must be dropped off at the SMILE Station on Thursday, May 6th between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m.
- All voting will end on Thursday, May 6th at 6:00 p.m.
- SEUL staff will compile the election results and transmit them to SMILE. Once candidates have been notified, the election results will be published on the SMILE website.
- Questions? Concerns? Contact SEUL Communications and Outreach Manger Paola De La Cruz at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-232-0010 x316.