BECOME A SMILE BOARD CANDIDATE
Q. How do I become a candidate for the SMILE Board?
- Prepare a brief Candidate Statement (500 words or less) which will be published on the SMILE website and in paper form. Email your Candidate Statement ASAP to: Vikki DeGaa at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the following format:
- Name and contact information.
- Are you eligible to become a SMILE Board member? Y/N (SMILE by-laws require candidates must live, work, or own property or a business in Sellwood-Moreland.)
- What experience do you bring with you?
- What are your thoughts about the neighborhood?
- Why we should vote for you?
- Attend the SMILE membership meeting on Wednesday, May 5th at 7:30. To receive the Zoom link you must sign up in advance at: MeetingRSVP@sellwood.org.
- Nominations will be accepted from the floor during the meeting.
- Each candidate will be invited to make a brief (3 – 5 minute) presentation.
- All candidates will be notified of the election results via email no later than Saturday, May 8th.
- Questions? Concerns? Contact Elaine O’Keefe at email@example.com or Jim Friscia at firstname.lastname@example.org