This is where you can sign up to be on the mailing list for any of the SMILE committees.
There are a number of discussion mailing lists available at Sellwood-Moreland Improvement League. A few of them are listed below.
We will never use your email address for other purposes nor do we ever knowingly share our list members addresses with any other group or entity.
Just sign up using the links below the list descriptions.
- Crime - this is where we talk about neighborhood safety issues as they relate to criminal activity. It’s also a forum for such elements as the police re-districting efforts and neighborhood watch.
- Land Use – This is the coordination list for the SMILE Land Use Committee. Hear about what’s happening with upcoming Land Use notices when committee meetings are held and about long-term neighborhood Land Use and Zoning planning efforts.
- Emergency Preparedness – The Emergency Preparedness Committee does education and training in household and neighborhood preparedness for disasters from winter storms to major earthquakes. The committee has a website with practical information on household and neighborhood preparedness.
- Fundraising – This is the SMILE fundraising list. We talk about ways to generate income to continue SMILE programs, long-term investments and grant opportunities.
- Sundae – This is the list for volunteers with the SMILE Sundae in the Park Celebration on the first Sunday in August in (upper) Sellwood Park.
- Transportation – A mailing list for everyone interested in streets, buses, light rail, street car, aerial trams, rocket sleds, pedestrian crossings, bikeways, zip lines, hovercars, ride sharing or whatever other regular modes of conveyance get us to, through or from the Sellwood-Moreland Improvement League neighborhood.
- Web – A mailing list of web professionals, semi-professionals and un-professionals. It’s the maintenance and “improvement” discussion list for the http://sellwood.org website, mailing lists and domains associated with it.
- Stewardship - This is the Stewardship of Natural Amenities Committee listserve. SNAC works to enable SMILE to effectively address issues and opportunities involving the overall quality of our neighborhood’s natural environment. We meet on the first Wednesday of each month from 6-7pm at the SMILE Station. Subscribing to this list will keep you updated on relevant neighborhood happenings, SNAC meetings and working group activities, and other volunteer opportunities in our community. Please join us!